Terms and Conditions
Terms of website use
Reliance On Information Posted & Disclaimer
The materials contained on our site are provided for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice and shall not be relied upon as such. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on the information on this site and to the fullest extent permitted by English law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site.
Information about us
http://www.thepeoplespicture.com is a site operated by Helen Marshall trading as The People’s Picture, who is a sole trader registered in England and Wales. The registered office is
the People’s Picture
Homerton Road, London E9 5GP
VAT reg no 241730434
ICO – Register of data controllers – Registration reference A8213803
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Links from our site
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from or related to, a visit to our site.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact
The People’s Picture
Homerton Road, London E9 5GP
VAT reg no 241730434
Thank you for visiting our site.
Your Data, Content and Consent
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding uploading and sharing your content, photos, data and related information.
By uploading, emailing your content, photos and data ( or sharing with #project title hashtags or tagging on social media platforms) to the www.thepeoplespicture.com and any of our associated websites you are accepting the terms of this licence and granting rights to Helen Marshall trading as the People’s Picture which is a site operated by Helen Marshall. During the upload process you will be expressly asked how you want your data to be used or not to be used, such as on social media, with your first name, your story, in an artwork and other options. These you will be able to tick one by one and need your consent.Your content, photos and data will only be used for the specific project you are interested in, and not for any other unless we ask you and you consent.
Helen Marshall is a sole trader registered in England and Wales (“we”, “us” or “our”). Her registered office is: ACME Studio 42, Matchmakers Wharf, Homerton Road, Hackney, London E95GP.
We refer to the photography and data provided by you (Photography and data ) for the purposes of a photo mosaic project (Project). This licence is to confirm the agreement between us whereby you have agreed to grant to us a licence to exploit certain rights in the Photograph and data on the terms set out in this letter agreement. We have agreed the following:
1. GRANT OF LICENCE In consideration of the opportunity to take part in the Project and for other good and valuable consideration, you hereby grant to us non-exclusive licence to use the Photography and data for the full period of copyright in it including all periods of renewal, extension and revival of the copyright and thereafter in perpetuity and all necessary consents including under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time or any enactment that replaces it to enable us to change, publish, distribute, exhibit, edit, adapt, modify, crop, alter and otherwise use and exploit the Photography and data for the purposes of the Artwork whether alone or incorporated in or in conjunction with other works worldwide and in all media whether now known or hereafter devised including but not limited to print, in national and international press, in promotional material, a form of a presentation of the work on the internet and social media, use for academic and scholarly purposes, oral and visual presentations to the public and exhibitions (Licensed Rights).
2. PROJECT AND ARTWORK
2.1 Under this agreement we give you the opportunity to take part in the Project and whilst we will make efforts to include the Photography and data in the Artwork we cannot guarantee it.
2.2 As part of the Project you agree to provide relevant information concerning the Photography and data including but not limited to the names of the subjects of the Photography and data and any stories behind the Photography and data and those featured in the Photography and data (Information).
2.3 By providing the Information, you agree for us to use, exhibit, publish, distribute, and otherwise use and exploit the Information for the purposes of the Project and the Artwork whether alone or in conjunction with other works worldwide and in all media whether now known or hereafter devised.
2.4 By contributing to the Project you agree to provide us with your contact information which may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number (Contact Information).
3. LICENSOR’S UNDERTAKINGS 3.1 You hereby warrant and undertake that: (a) you are the sole owner of the Licensed Rights and/or you have full authority to enter into this letter agreement; (b) the Photography and data does not infringe the rights of any third party and the use of the Photography and data does not violate the rights of any third parties; (c) the Photography and data does not incorporate any material that infringes the copyright or any other rights of any third party, including any right of confidentiality or privacy, nor does it contain any obscene, blasphemous or defamatory matter, and its exploitation shall not place any person in contempt of court nor in breach of any provision of any statute; (d) you shall comply with the terms and conditions of any licensing agreements which govern the use of Photography and data provided by third parties; (e) you shall comply with all laws and regulations as they relate to this agreement; (f) you shall provide all documentation and releases in respect of the Photography and data; (g) where the Photography and data depicts persons under the age of 18 years that you are either the child’s parent or guardian or have sought permission from the relevant parent(s) or guardian(s) to use this Photography and data; (h) you are not aware, having made full and reasonable enquiry, of any claim by any third party that the Photography and data or any pre-existing material incorporating the Photography and data or included within the Photography and data , or the exploitation of the Photography and data has infringed or will infringe any rights of any third party and you agree that you shall immediately inform us if you become aware of any such claim; and (i) you have secured all third-party permissions and releases necessary to grant the Licensed Rights to us and have made or will make in a timely manner all payments due to any such third parties necessary to enable us to exercise the rights granted to us under this agreement. You hereby acknowledge that we shall not be liable for any such payments.
3.2 You hereby waive in favour of us and all our assignees and successors in title all moral rights in the Photograph and data to which you may be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world to the extent necessary for us to exploit the Licensed Rights subject to the terms of this licence.
3.3 You hereby indemnify us and shall at all times keep us indemnified against all actions, proceeds, costs, claims and damages whatsoever incurred by or awarded against us and compensation agreed by us in consequence of any breach or non-performance by you of any of the warranties and undertakings in this agreement.
4.1 Where it is possible to do so, but without any obligation, we may credit you as an author of the Photography and data or as a contributor to the Project, if you consent.
4.2 Any failure by us to accord such credit and any failure by any third party to accord such credit shall not constitute a breach of this agreement by us.
5. RIGHT TO ASSIGN We shall be entitled to assign, license or deal in any other manner with any or all of our rights and obligations under this agreement. You shall not be entitled to assign, license or deal in any other manner with any or all of your rights and obligations under this agreement.
6. GOVERNING LAW This agreement and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
7. JURISDICTION Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation.
If you have any questions regarding any of the above, please contact us here